Membership - All You Need To Know
Peak & Dukeries Land Rover Club (P&D LRC) offers the opportunity to test your driving skills and the performance/capability of your Land Rover on rugged off-road terrain. Club Events include:
- Trials are either Cross Country Vehicle Trials (CCVT), where vehicle are specially prepared with roll cages etc and Road Taxed Vehicle Trials (RTVT)
- Novice Trials. For less experienced drivers we have NOVICE trials, where drivers are allowed to use CCVT prepared vehicles in an RTV trial.
- TYRO Trials (Tyro = recruit/novice or Try Your Rover Out)? TYRO trials are run for the less experienced, novice & younger drivers (13+). These are held on some Saturdays using the first six sections of an RTV trial
- Young Driver Development - Drivers aged 15+ may progress from Tyro to RTV to CCV. A record card is issued to show satisfactory completion of four Tyros, then four RTV trials.
- Competitive Safari
- Social Meet (On the first Tuesday of the Month)
- Annual Presentation Dinner & Dance (When prizes won during the year are presented)
- New members will be given a voucher worth £25.00 to spend on any regular event or trial
- Copy of the Club's Newsletter "Trialling Times", by email
- GLASS Bulletin - Green lanes and Rights of Way matters
- The ALRC Handbook (green book) which explains everything you need to know about preparing your Land Rover and the competitions in which you can compete.
For drivers to qualify for P&D trophies vehicles have to comply with the regulations in the ALRC Handbook, which includes the relevant MSA regulations. plus the Supplementary Regulations (SRs) issue by P & D LRC.
All our events are open to other MSA affiliated clubs (which may include non Land Rover vehicles).
To enable P&D LRC members to use non-ALRC compliant motors in P&D LRC events or to compete in non-ALRC Club events P&D LRC members have an option to apply for a membership card issued by Peak & Dukeries Off Road Club.
From Easter to the beginning of November events are run on Saturdays and Sundays, with camping available. Over the winter period, events are held on Sundays only. Events are on a roughly fortnightly basis on rugged terrain at various venues around Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire.
Some members like to explore the countryside using unsurfaced roads (green lanes), especially in the Peak District. To play our part in trying to keep these historic tracks available to enjoy P & D LRC is affiliated to the Green Lane Association (GLASS). If you want to do this please observe the GLASS Code of Conduct to try to mitigate the hostility from anti-motorist groups, especially in the Peak Park.